facebooktwitterpinterestrss feedemail

Friday, October 29, 2010

Thanksgiving Countdown of Gratitude

Our November countdown is finished, and just in time. 
Ta-da!


When I first saw this tutorial at Jellybean Junkyard I knew I was going to make one. 
The idea is for each family member to come up with something they are thankful for each day in November.  Write down each persons response on the card for that day.  You can write on the back of the cards next year, or just add another card to the pocket.  I love that it encourages our family to be grateful, and it's a nice way to preserve memories.


Jellybean Junkyard gives a great tutorial for this board.  It can be a bit time consuming with all the cutting and gluing, so if you have little ones and want to do this...plan yourself a lot of time this weekend to work on it.  It is easy to make, but time consuming.  It is worth the result though!

(all the pretty fall papers I used to cover the pockets)

The only big difference in mine is that I used small craft bags to make the pockets instead of coin envelopes, since that's what I had.  After cutting them down my pockets were about 3" x 2.5".  Hers are a bit bigger.   

 

The only thing I had to buy was the piece of plywood.  The nice people at Home Depot cut it down for me to 24" x 20".  It cost around $8.  The fall scrapbook papers I had collected over the last couple months, and the numbers and title I cut on my Cricut.

of course, I had to throw a cork one in there.

I followed the tutorial step by step.  If your interested in making one just head over there for all the details. 
 


Linking up with






BWS tips button





A Little Knick KnackThe DIY Show Off



BWS tips button

mmm button

10 comments:

Marissa said...

what a GREAT family idea and way to get them all involved in Thanksgiving! LOVE IT! I don't think I'm crafty enough to tackle this project, but if I ever find something out and about, I'll buy it and we'll do this! SO NEAT!

Kim's Treasures said...

This is great! What a nice way to enjoy Thanksgiving all month long and for the kids and family to count their blessings.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for featuring my Give Thanks Board! Yours look amazing!!!!

Unknown said...

I absolutely adore that. The colors are perfect and so charming.

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

It's beautiful!! Love it, and I love how it promotes the spirit of gratitude -- well done! xoxo

Amy Meyer said...

That is beautiful! I love all the colors. Great job!

Unknown said...

Absolutely adorable! All of the paper ties in just perfectly with each other. I just love this concept!

Thanks so much for linking up to SS!

Hannah @ http://youngancrafty.blogspot.com/

Maggie Lamarre said...

Luv how you use the Imaginisce papers..
I'm starting a new series for the Holidays, come by and link starting November 3rd.
Maggie
http://passionatelyartistic.com
http://maggielamarre.com

Crafty Mommy Diva said...

So cute and I love that it includes that whole family and what each person is grateful for! Thanks for linking up to Scrappy Saturdays. Featuring this tomorrow!

Jaimee @ Havenwood House of Boys said...

LOVE it!! I have a new craft blog and am making a post with great Thanksgiving projects. I'm going to include this one!

: ) http://craft-interrupted.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails