facebooktwitterpinterestrss feedemail

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Our Silhouette Family

I have seen soooo many beautiful silhouette projects in blogland lately.  Last year I made silhouette ornaments of my munchkins, and when we get out our Christmas boxes I'll do a post on those too.  Recently I've been inspired by all the gorgeous ones I've seen over on This Blessed Nest.  
Last night I made my own Silhouette Family arrangement.  

  

(sorry for the funny angled pictures, but I was TRYING to avoid glare on the glass. Oh well.)
I used the same process that I used to make my ornaments last Christmas.  
I know there are easier ways out there, but I don't have any of that fancy photo editing software.  

1.  I took profile pictures of everyone.  This was not an easy task with my 1 1/2 year old.  
Nevertheless, we got through it!  Hubs helped take mine.


2.  I took some super small, fine point scissors to cut out the profiles.


3.  I used a black marker to completely cover the head.


4.  Then I used some Mod Podge to attach the heads to the page.  I used old dictionary pages as my background.  I picked the page that each person's name was on in the dictionary.  
It's a small detail, but I just wanted to do it that way.

5.  Then I  put each picture in the frame (that I got for 50% off at Michaels! Yay for coupons!) 












Photobucket
Make it Yours @ My Backyard Eden
Show and Tell Green
Get your craft on Thurs.
HookingupwithHoH
PhotobucketA Little Knick Knack
Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

7 comments:

Kirsten said...

This came out beautiful! Great job!

Becky Jane said...

Great idea! Thanks...I got some more good ideas from This Blessed nest also!

nest of posies said...

how awesome is this! love how you attached them to dictionary paper. clever girl!

thanks for linking to the silhouette party. love this.

kellie

devin said...

I love this! I think the dictionary paper is such a good idea!

I'm your newest follower from http://lovecraftwritedream.blogspot.com/

Sanditerese said...

Cute! I like this idea.

Emma's Lunch said...

This is really gorgeous! Thanks for sharing it...

I'm your newest follower :) When you get a chance stop by Emma's Lunch

Vanja

Danielle @ We Have It All said...

OhMyGosh!! I LOVE this!! I always wanted one of those, but never knew how to do it... THANKS for posting this!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails