facebooktwitterpinterestrss feedemail

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Fall Pennant Centerpiece

You know I love pennant banners, so it's no surprise that this is right up my alley.

A fun and simple Fall centerpiece.  I came across this idea when browsing through a magazine while patiently
waiting in a doctor's office.  


There are so many different ways you can alter this.  You could even use them as place cards on Thanksgiving.  


I made one triangle pennant to use as a template.  Then using scrapbook paper I traced and cut out each one.  I made sure to either use double sided paper or to just glue two together.  


I punched two small holes on each pennant and used twine to tie it to the twig.  Then I stuck them in a glass of corn kernels.


 The best part of the project is having fun collecting the twigs with your munchkins.

Linking to

Show and Tell Green










Make it Yours @ My Backyard Eden























giveawaysHookingupwithHoHGet your craft on Thurs.










Bassgiraffe's Thoughts Thursday Blog Hop








PhotobucketJoin  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap    up           party!





BWS tips button

21 comments:

Nana Poppins said...

I love your blog which is why I awarded you this award. Check it out: http://www.nanapoppins.com

Hugs
Nana (Patty) Poppins

malia said...

This is fabulous! And I love the popcorn kernels... perfect!
malia

Courtenay@Signal Hill Interiors said...

This is so so amazing. I love me a good pennant! The use of the twigs really makes it.

Jennifer Leigh said...

So cool!! I can't wait to try this. Thanks for sharing!

Sarah Bregel said...

hi, love this blog! so cute. im a crafty mama as well. ill be sure to check out your etsy shop. check my blog out if you like. -sarah, rock n' stroll

Amnah said...

Cute! First time visitor (from Blue Cricket Design). Love the name of your blog.

The Autocrat: Haley said...

I love this idea! I just made an arrangement with the paper pinwheels but I want to make another; might have to add some of these in with it. Great job!

Erica K said...

this is so cute.

Stopping by the Thursday blog hop
http://www.bassgiraffe.com/2010/10/thursday-blog-hop-13-more.html

Krista said...

This is totally adorable!

Krista

craftinginthecloset.blogspot.com

Lori@Paisley Passions said...

SUPER cute!!!! Thanks for linking up to Thrilling Thursday @ Paisley Passions. Hope to see next week :)

~Lori S.

chris said...

I LOVE this idea. You can see the kitchen table from the front door of our new home, and this would be a great centerpiece! Thank you for sharing a great idea.

Anonymous said...

This is too cute! What a great idea. Thanks for linking up with While He Was Napping! Hope to see you next week!

Krista

Anonymous said...

that is such a cute and easy idea!!! Come link up sometime to Handmade Tuesdays! It is a new linky I started with a tutorial :) www.ladybug-blessings.com

Unknown said...

I Love your blog. Wish I would have found you sooner. Right up my ally ;) New Follower. We have a Friday Follow. love to have you join. Have a great weekend. www.lilyslaundryboutique.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Cute idea! And practically free!
Thanks so much for linking up to SS!

Hannah @ http://youngancrafty.blogspot.com/

Christine {Pure Joy} said...

So cute. Thanks for the tutorial.

Lori said...

Love this.

Thanks for joining Get Your Craft on Thursday at Life As Lori!

Katie said...

I love this, all the natural textures are fabulous! This will be perfect and quick to make for November. Thanks so much for sharing:)

Crafty Mommy Diva said...

So cute! love the corn kernels too! Thanks for linking up to Scrappy Saturdays!

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

I have been saving this to feature for months now! I plan to share this with my readers on somewhatsimple tomorrow (Tuesday). Thanks for linking up to my link party so long ago! Have a great night-
Steph

Jen Campbell said...

Hey Jenny, I commented a few months ago on this post I love it so much! I made my own and linked back to you in my post! Just wanted to you know!!! Do I apply my link to the "Links to this Post" at the bottom of the page?? This is my first copy cat project so I want to make sure you get full credit for the idea!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails