facebooktwitterpinterestrss feedemail

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Dreams of Disney

In just a little over a year we plan to take our first "big" family vacation to Disney.
(Yay!  I've never been!)
By the time we go the kids will be at good age for their first trip there.   


 In preparation for our future trip, we made a Disney savings jar.  Of course it will take several of these jars to fund the trip, but it's just a fun way to start teaching about savings.  It's also a nice visual reminder!  
My little guy is too young, but my ladybug can start learning the concept of saving money and goal setting.



We added some Mickey expressions to mark our progress on filling the jar


I raided my scrapbook stash for sticker letters, trims, and papers.

I thought it was fitting to make the Mickey ears out of pennies.


{Don't forget to enter my easy entry giveaway!} 

Linking to...



5 comments:

Tasha said...

Cute idea!! Thanks for sharing!!
Have a great weekend!!
Tasha!
P.S. I am your newest follower!!

Imperfectly Happy said...

We took a family Disney trip last October it was wonderful. Our four year old was in hog heaven! :)

I love your idea!!!

Marissa said...

we are saving for disney too :) Maybe we'll make a jar!!! Brilliant idea and my son would think its soooo cool as the jar fills with change! COOL!

Unknown said...

That is a great idea! My kids wanted everything there and I had to keep telling them it was too expensive! I should have done something like this!

Matt and Leah said...

I love this too! So cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails