facebooktwitterpinterestrss feedemail

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Pumpkins or Cookies?

About a month ago I saw apple pops somewhere.  I knew then that I had to try making pumpkins. I did a practice round just to see how they would turn out.  I plan to make a big batch for Halloween.

So here are the ingredients I gathered up...
 
I know candy melts would work better, but with a munchkin with food allergies I have to be careful about what I use. 
I opened the Oreo to put the sucker stick inside.  I put a dab of melted chocolate on top to "reseal" the oreo and hold the stick inside.  I stuck it in the fridge for a bit.

 

I used food coloring to turn the white chocolate orange.  I molded green tootsie rolls for the stems.  
Not too bad for the first round.
These are dangerous to have in my house.  My secret addiction is Oreos.  I LOVE Oreos. 



Obviously MARvelous

10 comments:

Christmas-etc... said...

These are dangerous to have in the house! And you know... I love Oreos so much that they only way I can allow myself to eat them is if I'm visiting someone and they offer them to me! Otherwise... if I kept them at home I'd eat at least 4 at a time!
Ann

Anonymous said...

Hi. My name is Jan from bobbypinsboardwalk. You have some darling ideas on your blog, and I'm going to sign up to follow. I invite you to visit my blog and do likewise! I look forward to being further inspired :)

AmyLynn said...

I'm your newest follower from bassgiraffe's Blog Hop Thursday. I think your blog is fabulous and am looking forward to visiting in the future. :)
http://hearditfromthehills.blogspot.com

HBrummett said...

YUM! That looks awesome! Thanks for linking up at Traveling Through Thursday! I am now following you! Have a great week! www.livingonloveandcents.blogspot.com

Abundance Yeah said...

Yummy
I love your blog. New follower from blog hop
www.abundanceyeah.blogspot.com

Cass@TheDiaryofaFrugalFamily said...

Hi,

I'm following from the Thursday blog hop. I'd love it if you come and check out my blog at www.frugalfamily.co.uk.

;-)

Carries Rambles said...

Hi! Thanks for the follow :) Returning the favor
www.carriesrambles.com
.

OMG~~those look awesome!

X said...

Those are adorable!
You've been tagged! check out my blog at:
http://daffodilmama.blogspot.com/
Kim

Aimee @ Explore, Learn, Have Fun! said...

LOVE your blog!! I'm your newest follower from the Fun Follow Friday hop - hope you will stop by my blog too!! Have a great weekend ~
Aimee @ Justkiddingaroundatlanta

Marissa said...

those are SO cute! and fun too :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails