facebooktwitterpinterestrss feedemail

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Ladybug made some Mini Pumpkins! (And Blog Hopping!)

Ladybug and I made mini pumpkins!  If you've been reading my blog you know I refer to my daughter as "Ladybug."  She thinks she's Ladybug Girl from the book, so it suits her.  
 This first craft we did was pretty simple.  She just dipped her thumb in orange paint to make the pumpkins, used a green marker for the stem, and then drew on a face.  Simple, yet fun and cute.


This next one took a bit longer.  We removed the caps (are they called "caps"?) from the tops of  acorns and painted the acorns orange.  This took forever!  If I did this again I think I would try spray painting the buggers, let them dry, roll them over, and spray the other sides.  Ladybug wasn't that interested in the painting part anyway.  She left after about four of them and I had to finish the rest.  


After they dried we got to do the fun part.  Drawing the faces on them!  

  I think we will put them in a cute bowl to display them. 




















11 comments:

Karen said...

I am a new follower from a Wednesday Hop:)

http://practicalfrugality.blogspot.com/

Marissa said...

new follower from momsreview...what a cute pumpkin idea! LOVE IT!!!

Unknown said...

New follower from Moms Review 4 You!

http://caringforourblessings.blogspot.com/

Emy said...

Your projects are the best!
I can't wait until my boy is a little bit older so I can start doing stuff like this with him!

Thanks for the ideas!

http://alwaysaroundboys.blogspot.com

smashbravo said...

Aww, I can't wait to try this out with my midgets, they would love this! Can't wait to try it, thanks for the tips!

Feel free to drop by our blog anytime, we would love to have you! :)
http://sammymakessix.blogspot.com/

Amanda- The Nutritionist Reviews said...

What a great idea and how cute!

I just found your blog from one of the Wednesday blog hops. Have a great night!

Kelly Loy Gilbert said...

Oh my goodness, those are TOO cute!!! Love it.

Zanna said...

Following from the Blog Hop. If you could follow me back I would really appreciate it!

zannidify.blogspot.com

Keli said...

that is so cute!! Not sure my boys would sit still long enough though :)

Thanks for linking up to Friendly Wednesday and sharing the button!

www.savingthosedollars.blogspot.com

Kathryn said...

Hi! I'm here from Buzz on by Thursday. Love your blog so much I'm a new follower!

The thumbprint pumpkins are adorable. I may do them this afternoon with my 3yo daughter. Thanks for the idea!

Unknown said...

This is a really cute idea. Looks like a bunch of fun ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails