facebooktwitterpinterestrss feedemail

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A Lemonade Stand Birthday Party

Remember those lemonade stand party invitations I shared last month? 
Well the party finally came along.  

And the party wouldn't be complete without a lemonade stand.
The hubs was kind enough to build this lemonade stand for us.  I've seen so many cute ones for sale, but all with a huge price tag.  
Mine cost $5.  Woo hoo!  
The bottom portion is a part of a cabinet from the "as is" section of Ikea for $5.  That's the spot to go!  


The frame around it was made with scrap wood we already had.
I put chalkboard paper on the front so we could personalize her stand.


 
Down the sides of the stand I added a string of these cute paper lemons from Wendolonia
The banner across the front was made front paint chips (gotta love paint chips) and doilies strung together with yellow baker's twine.

That super cute personalized lemonade stand tank she is wearing is from Cotton Laundry

We served regular and pink lemonade.  Guests could garnish their drinks with lemons, strawberries, or raspberries.   The drink wouldn't be complete without a pink or yellow striped straw.

The birthday girl loved serving lemonade to her guests.

The little guests took home small pails with goodies including pink lemonade gumballs.


The gumballs are in pretzel bags with a paint chip top.  The pink lemonade circle was a printable at Funkytime

These lemonade recipe cards came from Funkytime as well.

My mom made this adorable fruit salad.  She packaged it up to match the party decor.
{Thanks Mom!}


We had a small sweet table.  
Since the party was at a park, this was easier than having a cake to cut and melting ice cream.

This candy jar I made HERE and just added the lemonade gumballs.

I made the cupcake toppers to coordinate with the invitations.



The birthday girl had a blast.


Linking up at THESE link parties!


15 comments:

Mandy Beyeler said...

thanks for linking to Take-A-Look Tuesday - I just featured you on my FB page!

Kristen said...

Hi, I'm a new follower. Love this theme idea!
www.bahousewifery.blogspot.com

Melanie @ bear rabbit bear said...

Love this post! Hope you'll link it and any other kid or teen related posts that you have to our "Crafts for Under Twenty Somethings" party tomorrow!
Also, any parties that are linked up get added to an ongoing party directory!!

Melanie
bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com

Tori said...

This is SO cute!

Sandy Ang said...

Looks like everyone had lots of fun. Hope you friend liked the wedding card

Jennifer said...

Very cute!!!
Coming fromt the Shabby Creek Linky!

The Starr Family said...

So very sweet! And oh my lands, I LOVE your idea with the paint swatches! Clever, clever :)

Tanya Anurag said...

That looks like a fun and fresh party. Well organized.

Katherines Corner said...

what a creative and fun idea for your sweet birthday girls' party. A great way to make happy memories. Hugs

Priscila said...

This is so cute! Found this post on Frugal Friday Link Party :)

Kim@todayismysome-day said...

What a pretty party. I love the yellow banner and the fruit salad presentation! I came over via A Diamond in the Stuff's link party, where I linked up my daughter's Pinkalicious birthday party. Come by and check it out :)

Megan said...

Cute ideas! I love that you used paint chips -genius!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

What a cute idea for a party!! I love it!!

I shared it on my TT&J facebook page :)

xoxo
Jen

Michelle said...

Such a clever idea! The pink lemonade gumballs are so cute packaged up like that.

Mayra Rivera said...

How cute! Love the cupcake toppers!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails