facebooktwitterpinterestrss feedemail

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Beach Memory Jar

This memory jar came together this afternoon.
I had no idea what I was going to do beforehand, it just sort of fell together.
I like how it turned out.
It fits in nicely with our decor, and still preserves our summer beach memory.


I filled a mason jar with sand and beach rocks we collected on our trips to the beach.  

This is the ONLY picture I was able to get of the two of them together.
Cooperating for pictures is such a challenge sometimes!


Anyway, I headed over to Picnik with my picture, added the sepia effect, and added the text near the bottom: "Warren Dunes, MI Summer 2011"
I printed the the picture on sticker paper in wallet size and cut it out with an oval cutter.


For the lid I cut a circle out from a sheet of cork.
I think the look of the cork has that sand feel.
Then I used brown paint and a toothpick to make "footprints" in the sand.


It's a keeper. :)



Linking up to THESE awesome parties!

6 comments:

Marissa said...

I think you need to teach art to children...this stuff is SO creative and amazing :) LOVE THAT!!!

malia said...

hi jenny, how cute. the footprints are a GREAT idea... sweet project! xo malia

Confessions of a Stay at Home Mommy said...

How sweet! I love the footprints! I would love it if you linked this up to my Tuesday Confessional link party going on now: http://www.craftyconfessions.com/2011/08/tuesday-confessional-link-party-and.html.
See you soon!
~Macy

Brooke said...

Jenny this is ADORABLE!

Tanya Anurag said...

This is so nice. Love those tiny footprints... very creative!

Tea Time Thursdays @ Kreative Korner is going on now. Would love to have some of your awesome posts linked up. Hope to see you there.

http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/2011/08/tea-time-thursdays-2-and-features.html

Miya said...

Thank you for featuring my caterpillars!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails