facebooktwitterpinterestrss feedemail

Friday, November 26, 2010

Pine Cone Wreath

I've seen many beautiful pine cone wreaths for purchase in the $40-$50 range.  
I wanted one, but for a little a LOT cheaper.  Over the last few months I've been collecting pine cones with help from the ladybug and the little guy.  

 

other materials needed:
styrofoam wreath
glue gun
brown paint



I painted the styrofoam brown (just in case there were any spaces showing between the pine cones).  After it dried I just started randomly gluing the pine cones on.  I tried to get them as close together as possible.


Easy as pie.  I used a 40% off coupon from Michaels for the styrofoam wreath.  

13 comments:

Karen said...

So adorable! I love it. Great that is was so cheap!

Liz said...

Looks great! I was wondering how tomake one of these without everything getting too messy-looking. Your's is perfect!

Marissa said...

looks SO good...we have NO pine cones around here :(

Dawn said...

I love it. It looks really good. =)

Cassie said...

Absolutely fabulous!!!
=)

Jen said...

Great job!
I've been wanting to make one for some time just never got around to it!

Kristen said...

This is beautiful! You did a great job.

It's A Priceless Life said...

Your pine cone wreath turned out awesome!! I have a basket full of pine cones that my grandson keeps getting into...may have to turn them into a wreath!
I'm your newest follower...come check out my blog when you have a chance. :-)
Shantel @
www.itsapricelesslife.blogspot.com

kate said...

love this! so natural chic!

L.A. said...

So gorgewah! I have been looking for a pine cone project-definately have to do this! So easy. Thanks for the inspiration.

If you like wreaths you should check out this one I made earlier this year http://westcoastleslie.blogspot.com/2010/08/gorgeous-rustic-wreath.html

Happy Holidays!

the cape on the corner said...

i love it, it looks great! good job!

www.thecapeonthecorner.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

This looks awesome! And I especially love the price tag! Thanks for sharing with the Pink Hippo Party! Can't wait to see what you share next week!

Unknown said...

It turned out great! I love me some pine cones! And the best part is I can usually get them for free down in the piney woods of East Texas!

Thanks so much for linking up to Free for All!

Hannah @ http://youngancrafty.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails