facebooktwitterpinterestrss feedemail

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Children's Memory Binders and Memory Keeping


After accumulating piles of drawing, certificates, and cards, I was feeling overwhelmed with stacks of paper. I didn't want to just toss them in a box on a shelf, so I got a couple of these chipboard binders.  I liked them because we could paint or draw directly on them.  


They put their handprints on their binder, in their favorite color, of course.  


Inside I put anything paper of theirs that we want to save...

 artwork...


Sunday School papers...


ticket stubs...


cards(some in sheet protectors)...

certificates(did you know Home Depot offers FREE kid workshops on the first Saturday of each month?  Pretty awesome!)...

cards(some punched directly and put in the rings).




I love it.  They can pull them off the bookshelf, look through them and be reminded of things they've done or accomplished.  When it's full we begin a new binder with updated handprints.  

I don't put any pictures in these because I use them in our project life binder.  Do you do project life?  I admittedly am behind...always.  I get caught up, and then get behind again.  At least it always get completed by the end of the year.  



Since I inevitably get behind, I use a date book to record things I do not want to forget.  Later when I'm working on Project life I pull out the datebook and remember to document in detail with the pictures.  It works for me.  I record a lot of the sweet things the kids say or the places we go and things we do together. 


This time while they are young is precious.  It goes fast and little things can easily be forgotten.  Keeping memory books and project life helps me to hang on to the little moments forever.

Link up with me at these parties
Jen

3 comments:

Ann @ The Scrapbooking Housewife said...

It's so nice to be able to keep it all together on one place! Love the handprints on the chipboard binders! :) I also keep a journal to record things about the kids, etc., but I have to admit I haven't brought it out in a very long time! You have inspired me to get it out and use it again!! :)

Ashley @ Hillbilly Princess Diaries said...

this is such a cute idea to keep all of the memories and cute things together without having to take up a ton of space with a big old box! Very creative, I love this idea!

Unknown said...

One easy way to accentuate the beauty and style of your bathroom www.sellbathroomvanties.com is to change the Bath Accessories. Cheap bathroom hardwarenot vanity cabinet only enhance your bathroom but also offer you with unparalleled bath luxury. Reputable online stores which offer a wide variety of bathroom hardware in various colors, types, sizes and shapes can provide you with you a lot of options to choose from. Whether you\'re going through a traditionalbathroom suppliersor an online retailer, you may need help installing some of this new bathroom hardware. Of course, if you\'re thinking about bathroom hardware in the context of a remodel, your contractor will install the hardware. On the other hand, you that are trying to spruce up your bathroom decorating. For this, a handyman can come in and install bathroom vanity your bathroom hardware and take care of any other bathroom tile small home improvement projects that need to be done. So prominent are bathroom in your community of bathroom hardware that most homeowners will find the restroom floor spring they want for their bathroom and match the other hardware to it. It may seem about putting a door johnson on this door to match your bathroom hardware. Along with matching hardware to hardware, the rest of your bathroom decorating should with your bathroom. You don't want large, ornate cabinet brings if you\'re preparing to a contemporary bathroom.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails