facebooktwitterpinterestrss feedemail

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Butterflies, Nests, and Birdhouses

The last few days I've been adding a touch of spring indoors.  It's a reminder that spring weather is around the corner, even though we had flurries yesterdayFlurries!

I filled the milk jug with twigs and added in some little butterflies and nests,




randomly added a few butterflies to lamps and picture frames,



and I made a pedestal birdhouseI've seen a lot of these floating around blogland lately, and  they are absolutely adorable.  I HAD to make one. 



I purchased an unfinished birdhouse and candle stick from Hobby Lobby, and followed the tutorial over at The Speckled Dog.


After hot gluing the birdhouse to the candlestick I stained the wood.



Then I painted it white and distressed with sandpaper. 


Enjoy!

4 comments:

jenclair said...

Love the twigs, nest, and butterflys! The tiny birdhouse on a candlestick is a great idea, too.

Rebekah Lindenmayer said...

I've been seeing those bird houses around too, so perfect for spring. Everything is so sweet.

malia said...

love all this stuff you made... so pretty! xo

Gail said...

Very attractive birdhouses ! I build birdhouses too. You can see them on page four of my website http://www.adirondack-furniture.us. Also you might enjoy my wife's blog: www.bibleencouragment.org

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails