facebooktwitterpinterestrss feedemail

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Summer Journal for the Little Ones

Have you seen the movie Up?  
I think it's just one of the sweetest movies.  
In some ways it reminds me of the way I remember my mom's parents together. 


Remember that Adventure Book they had in the movie?  
I made my own version for the ladybug to record her own summer adventures.


I alternated blank pages with pre-k lined pages.  


On the blank side she'll draw a picture of our adventure that day.  
On the lined side she'll write about it.


There's a little pocket in the front cover for her little "treasures."

I figured this would be a fun way for her to keep practice writing during the summer. 
So far it's been a hit with her.  She likes having a place for her "adventures."

You could do this with any notebook on hand.  
Or you can find the adventure book in my shop here.
Linking up here:
Tip Junkie handmade projects
and to THESE parties I love!

4 comments:

Jamie said...

great way to get your kids to start keeping a journal! love it

Marissa said...

LOVE IT. That was my favorite part of that movie and I sooo want an Adventure Book! Brilliant summer idea!!!

Sarah North said...

what a great way to keep kids writing through the summer! every teacher's dream!

Alia said...


Hi!

I am your new Follower!
I loved this Journal!
I am very fond of your blog!
Keep up the good work!

Do visit my Blog too and Follow it if you like it!

Alia
http://aliascreativelife.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails