facebooktwitterpinterestrss feedemail

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Breakfast nook turned Toy nook


If you've been following my blog you know I'm a stay-at-home mama of two very busy little munchkins.  My four-year-old ladybug and my two-year-old little guy.  They are always in motion.  

At the end of the day, I could find toys everywhere.  My swiffer sweeper got a lot of use just by sweeping toys out from under the couches at the end of the night.  

This was the stash I swept out at the end one day's play...

 

It was time to make our house more functional for two active kiddos!  Since we don't need two dinning areas, we decided to turn the "breakfast nook" into a "toy nook".  

 

Why didn't we do this sooner?!  It's so nice to keep the toys contained when they play downstairs.  

 

I made this display for their art work using things we already had (woo hoo!).
  
 

All I used was clothespins, burlap, hot glue, and scrap wood.  Hot glue the burlap around the board and then the clothespins. The hubs screwed it into the wall for me.  Sweet guy.

 

This well loved little piano was mine when I was little.  It really needs a coat of paint. 
  
 

Perhaps a post for another day :)

Linking to

1 comment:

Kristol Faucheux said...

Seriously? You swept the toys out DAILY? My kids are lucky if I get to it monthly. Which is actually exciting for them because we find things they forgot they had. If you really did it daily... I admire you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails