facebooktwitterpinterestrss feedemail

Thursday, February 20, 2014

A Boy's Room {and a Free Printable}

Just a few months ago we moved into our new home.  It's been fun putting each room together.  It's slowly getting there.  Slowly, but that's okay.  Today I'm sharing some of my favorite parts of the little guy's room.

 This airplane canvas idea came from this pin I found. The best part was that we all contributed in making it.  The kids painted the 3 canvases with sponge brushes and a tube of blue paint, the hubs made the paper airplane, and I put it all together.





In the picture below you can see how I hot glued the bottom of the airplane to the canvas.  I used skinny white masking tape for the trail.  Fun!




In one corner of his room sits a solid wood desk we got off craig's list for $20.  It was banged up and in need of some serious love.  I painted it with Annie Sloan chalk paint and added some spigots I found on Etsy. 




On top of his desk sits this curio box for his special treasures.  Right now it holds a M&M car, a minion, a hot wheels car, a couple rocks, a shell, and a souvenir Lego brick.  This are precious things people ;)



Above his desk hangs this gem I found on Etsy.   ♥ this.




In the corner of his room hangs this felt garland I strung together.  I cut circles from felt and strung them together with a needle and thread.  It hangs from the ceiling to the top of his desk.  When air flows through it twirls a little.  Adds a little bit of whimsy 



Every little boy needs a place to hang his cape when he's finished crime fighting for the day.


I've seen this kind of print floating around pinterest and loved it. I made my own printable version and will share it with you today.



I used a clear 3M hook to hang the cape below the picture frame.  I think it's my favorite part of his room 

  
If you would like a free copy of this printable you can get it HERE or click on the picture above:)

 Happy creating  


Sharing here:

The Party Bunch Link Party (WhipperBerry, 36th Avenue, 30 Handmade Days, The idea Room)
Frugal Friday (Wendy@The Shabby Nest)
Creativity Unleashed' {Shaken Together, Practically Functional}
Tickled Pink {504 Main, What Meegan Makes}
Strut Your Stuff Saturday (Six Sisters Stuff)
Link Party Palooza {I Heart Nap TimeLil' LunaSomewhat SimpleTatertots & Jello & Today's Creative Blog}
That DIY Party (Roeshel@The DIY Show Off)
Overflowing with Creativity (Aimee@It's Overflowing)
Mop It Up Mondays (Kristi@I Should Be Mopping the Floor)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So adorable! I love that everyone helped with the canvas art! Makes me wish our second one will be a boy, but I'm definitely thrilled for two healthy girls. :)

I might have to find my own curio box for them, because I'd love to see what things they'll put in them as they grow. That's such a wonderful way to let them show off what they find special!

And that PRINT! Would you mind if I took that idea and made my own version {person use, of course!} to say sisters? We're such superhero/comic lover people, and that is simply PERFECT!

Thank you so much for sharing all these adorable ideas. :)

Mom24boys said...

Thank you for sharing this! I love the printable and plan to hang it in my 5 year olds room. His is the only room I haven't done much with. This will help my guilt a wee bit! ~HUGS~
mom24boys
4growingboys.blogspot

Anonymous said...

How cute! I especially love the paper airplane art...my little man would love that: he says he is a paper air plane maker and wants to sell them. Hehehe

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails