facebooktwitterpinterestrss feedemail

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Countdown to Christmas

We are so ready for December 1st now that I have our Christmas countdown finished! 


It's made from a cabinet door with bottle cap magnets.  
Each day we will move the proper magnet to the center snowflake. 


I started off with this cabinet door.

 

For the longest time I could not make a solid decision on what I wanted to do with it.  
I was going to make a chalkboard, then  I was going to put a picture in the center, and then I got this idea from The Southern Stamper.


I used scrapbook paper for my center design.  I glued magnets as evenly as possible around the door.


The red bottle caps I ordered from etsy.  
I cut the numbers with my cricut and used mod podge to seal them in the bottle caps.


There is another magnet glued under the red circle in the center of the large snowflake.


I printed "How many days 'til Christmas?" in Word and cut it into strips.  
Then I just glued it into the grove around the door.

I don't know why, but this picture kept downloading sideways!

I like the way it turned out.

(Thanks, Aunt Patty!!!)

 Linking to
Making Mondays Marvelous @ CRAFT
Craft-o-Maniac Mondays
Motivate me Mondays @ Keeping it Simple
Making the World Cuter 
Pink Hippo Party 
Get your Craft on
Take a Look Tuesday @ Sugar Bee 
Blue Cricket Design
Whatever Goes @Someday Crafts
Somewhat Simple SYS
Paisley Passions
House of Hepworths
Tatertots and Jello 
scrappy Gifts
Young and Crafty

13 comments:

Jen said...

This is super cute! And such a clever idea!

Elsie said...

So cute! You are so inventive. =)

jackfrosty said...

Beautiful job!

Katie said...

Awesome project, there are so many cute and fun details! I really like how you created the text to go around the border.

Erika said...

What a great idea - so cute & crafty!
Thanks for stopping by my blog on the Cornucopia Blog hop! I'm now following you!
~Erika
http://erikajo.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

This is awesome! As always I am totally inspired by your scrapbooking craftiness! Thanks for linking up to the Pink Hippo Party.. can't wait to see what you come up with next week!

Michelle @ Dream Home DIY said...

There are a million other advent calendars out there, but this one just takes the cake. So creative!

Anonymous said...

Following you from Free For All Friday! :)
Awesome post!

Please follow me back at http://ashleycreations-a.blogspot.com

Thanks,
Have a wonderful weekend!
- Ashley

Unknown said...

This turned out great! I love the different spin on the countdown.

Thanks so much for linking up to SS!

Hannah @ http://youngancrafty.blogspot.com

Heather said...

That is a great idea! I've redone some cabinet doors too, like your take. Thanks for sharing!

Sassy Sites! said...

I love it!! Thanks so much for linking up with Sassy Sites for our Christmas Party! Be sure to check back often and I hope you link up with us again! xoxo!!

Crafty Mommy Diva said...

Love the bottle caps and words around it. Thanks for linking up to Scrappy Saturdays!

Sassy Sites! said...

This is so cute! I loved it so much when you linked it up at our advent party, that I'm featuring it over at my Sassy Sites WOOD party! Come by and check it out. Don't forget to grab a Sassy Featured button too! :)

http://sassysites.blogspot.com/2010/12/sassy-christmas-using-wood-and-made-by.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails